Wednesday, March 06, 2013

new encaustic wax works in progress - saved and out of order

Finished the Jelly Belly Bean dress, and now back to regularly scheduled projects. I have been working on some smaller paintings this past winter and spring. I have been dipping back into the Encaustic world. This painting below is called Saved.

The sculpture below is still in progress. I made it when my brother was in a coma this past fall. He is recovering, but the after effects have left their mark. What a nightmare. I can't even imagine what he is going through. Sometimes I have dreams about him and in those dreams he is lost in a maze of time. His life's timeline is out of chronological order and he is trying to find his way back to this year. It is a mess of confusion. 
Out of Order
Encaustic on plaster & found wood.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous pieces...Love the colors!
    Supercreative way to keep a dream journal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how colorful they are--almost a stained-glass quality to them. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Sometimes I paint in journals. Sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A64 - Thank you! You have inspired future project. :)

    ReplyDelete